- You can drink cold brew all year round.
- Cold brew coffee is almost sweet without any bitterness.
- It is smooth, with smooth flavours.
- Is gentle on the stomach, great for people who can't drink the regular joe.
- Can be stored for more than a week in the fridge.
- It's one of the most convenient ways to brew coffee.
- You can use it to make hot coffee too, like any other coffee sock.
Reusable Cold Brew Coffee Filter Bag
This cotton filter bag is design to improve your brewing experience in a few ways.
- Firstly, the size and shape makes it easy to use it with a mason jar.
- Secondly, the weight of the material allows the perfect balance between a strong brew and perfect filtering. This gives you a perfectly smooth but strong coffee, without any sludge.
- The material is unbleached, untreated cotton, the healthy choice for a food grade filter.
- The filter pouch is proudly made in Canada with care.
- Cold brew coffee is not only for summer days. You can drink it all year round, hot or cold.
- Cold brew coffee is not bitter. The bitter tones that you get with hot brew are not extracted at lower temperatures. Coffee is almost sweet; you don’t feel the need to add sugar. If you need to tone it down a bit though, add a little milk to it. Some people add a little maple syrup.
- Cold coffee is very smooth, and the flavours are more subtle than with hot brews. The subtle flavors in cold brew are preserved because of the low temperature steeping.
- Coffee brewed cold is gentle on the stomach. The substances responsible for stimulating acid production are not extracted at low temperatures.
- Cold brew can be stored in the fridge for up to a week, or even more without losing any of its great properties. Compare this to one hour expiration time for regular drip coffee, or 10 minutes espresso.
The product contains two brew bags, for your convenience. The seller also gives you a free ebook with brewing advice, tips and tricks. The Brewing Dad is a Canadian company based in Ottawa.
The Cold Brew Coffee Pouch can be used to brew concentrated coffee syrup that can be used in your recipes. You can make great lattes and cappuccinos, regular coffee, or freeze it in coffee ice cubes for a nice iced coffee. If you like to cook, you can use it in patisserie recipes, for barbecue sauces, ice cream, or any other recipe that calls for coffee. Just let your imagination fly, or visit our website for ideas.
How to Use your Cold Brew Coffee Maker
Caring for your Cold Brew Coffee Filter Bag
Your brewing bag is an unbleached, dye free, chemical free cotton bag. As such, there will be no chemical leeching into your coffee as with other products. The bag is easy to wash and it will last you for a long time. Here are a few tips on how to do that.
- Sanitize your cold brew coffee pouch by placing it into boiling water for a few minutes, or just wash it.
- Every time, after brewing with your brewing bag, hot or cold, turn it inside-out and rinse with warm water. Make sure no grounds are left in the inside.
- Hang dry your pouch. If you need to tumble dry, set your machine on low heat to avoid shrinkage.
- In time your filter will discolour from the coffee; it’s perfectly safe to use it. If this colour bothers you, you could bleach it, but we don’t recommend it.
How to Make Coffee with the Cold Brew Coffee Bag
- Use a 2 litre, (2 quart), recipient, we like to use a mason jar.
- Dump 1 cup medium-coarse ground coffee. Single origin, lighter roasts are the best for cold brew.
- Place the brewing bag in the mason jar, and slowly pour water into the bag. Pour just about 1 or two cups at this point.
- Stir in to make sure all the grounds are wet. This ensures a uniform extraction.
- Add the rest of the water, up to 1.5 litres.
- Pull the draw string to close the bag, and cover the jar.
- Steep for 12 hours, or more. The more you let it steep, the stronger the coffee will be.
- Pull the bag out of the jar, and keep it on the jar’s mouth to allow to fully drain.
- Your coffee is ready. Drink it as is, add a splash of milk, and sugar if you want. You can dilute it with some water, if this is too strong.
- You can refrigerate cold brew coffee up to a week or more.
- For a cold coffee concentrate, to use it in recipes, or for an iced coffee, use only 1 liter of water, and 1 ¼ cups of ground coffee.